Divorce is a difficult time in anyone’s life. At Oriol & Edler, LLC, in Covington, Louisiana, we are here to provide help when you need us most. Please contact Oriol & Edler, LLC for assistance with your family law issue. We serve clients in St. Tammany Parish and the surrounding areas in need of the following legal services:
- Divorce: We offer trusted legal advice and representation throughout the divorce process, helping our clients resolve family law issues such as asset and debt division, spousal support, child custody and child support.
- Division of Property: Louisiana is a community property state, which means that property accumulated during your marriage will usually be divided 50-50. However, determining what is community property and what isn’t can be complicated.
- Spousal Support: Spousal support may be an issue in your divorce, depending on how long you were married and whether there are income disparities between you and your spouse.
- Child Custody, Visitation and Support: In Louisiana, courts presume that joint custody will be in the best interests of the child unless there are compelling reasons for one parent to have sole custody, and arriving at a reasonable custody schedule that considers the best interest of the child can be difficult.
- Modifications to Child Support and Custody: Child support and child custody can be changed after your divorce if there is a change in your circumstances. However, you will need court approval for many modifications or you could face fines and even jail time for acting without court approval.
- Inter-Family and Foreign Adoptions: Certain closely related family members may adopt children in a stream-lined adoption process known as the Intra-Family Adoption. While this process requires knowledge of the procedural requirements, it is usually less costly and more efficient than a traditional adoption.Children adopted from foreign countries may have their adoption recodnized by the State of Lousiana. This process involves providing the required documentation to a Court in the parish you reside.
- Interdictions: Unfortunately, there are those who cannot make important decisions for themselves. These individuals often include special needs, the elderly, and those with significant medical conditions, and it is important that a family member or loved one be appointed by a Court to make decisions on their behalf.
- Mediations: Sometimes you need a skilled litigator to fight for you, and other times you need a skilled mediator to help resolve a stressful and emotional matter. Ther attorneys at Oriol & Edler, LLC are experienced and highly trained in litigation and mediation.
For More Information About Family Law
To schedule a consultation, call us at (985) 845-2227 or contact us online. An experienced family law attorney will conduct an honest assessment of your case and advise you on what to do next.